It is a surgical procedure in which the tip of the tooth root is removed with a surrounding inflamed tissue (cysts, granulomas). This procedure is done when endodontic therapy did not cured the pathological process at the root of the tooth. Apicoectomy is performed under local anesthesia and the course of treatment is painless.
During surgery it is needed to cut through the gums in order to get to the root of the tooth where there is a granuloma. The top of the tooth root is surgically removed, together with the inflammatory process, and then the root canal is filled with biocompatible materials. During the operation the endodontic treatment can be performed (cleaning and canal expansion, and root filling). The treatment ends with sewing gingival flap. Apicoectomy is a small surgical procedure that allows to preserve the tooth and prevent extraction.
addΜετά τη θεραπεία - Χρόνος αποκατάστασης
Recovery after oral surgery
- After surgery, it is necessary to put a cold compression in order to reduce swelling, which is a common occurrence. Area should be cooled every 15-30 minutes with breaks, especially the first few hours after surgery on which the recover will depend.
- Also, the course of recovery depends on the degree of inflammation and often after the procedure there may be a need to take antibiotics to prevent the spread of infection. And in the case of pain, analgesics are recommended.
- Sutures are removed 7 days after surgery.
- Immediately after the procedure, you should not rinse your mouth, and the next day, if there is no bleeding, you should rinse your mouth every 4 hours with saline solution (1 teaspoon of salt in 1 liter of water), cold tea sage or antiseptic liquid.
- Bleeding can be expected 2-3 days after the procedure, and if after that time the bleeding continues, contact your doctor.
- After the procedure, liquid food is recommended as well as very soft food, while hot food and drinks should be avoided. You also need to avoid grain foods that might seep into the wound.
Επόμενο: Διαβάστε σχετικά με τα δωμάτια