Carotid angioplasty is a treatment for carotid artery disease – a procedure performed on carotid arteries when they become clogged or narrowed by an atherosclerotic plaque. The procedure involves the placement of an antiembolic protection filter past the narrowing, followed by the placement of a nitinol-stent at the level of the narrowing. The stent maintains the artery open and prevents it from narrowing again. Carotid angioplasty is an alternative to open surgery, being used when the traditional surgical procedures are not feasible or pose a high risk.
DIAGNOSTICS + ASCENDING AORTIC ANEURYSMS (w/o valves)
- Cardiac catheterization / Coronarography / Peripheral artery angiography
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Color Doppler Flow Imaging (CDFI)
Ascending Aortic Aneurysms (w/o valves)
- Ascending aortic aneurysms surgery
- Max. 3 days in intensive care unit
- Max. 8 days in hospital (drugs, medical care, full board included)
- Transfer cost from Zagreb airport to Magdalena and back are covered by Magdalena
Package does not include
- Intensive care unit of more than 3 days. Extra cost 350€/day
- Intensive care unit + Continuous Vent-Venous Hemofiltration of more than 3 days (CVVH). Extra cost 1.100€/days
- Hospitalisation of more than 8 days . Drugs, medical patients and attendants accommodation. Accommodation charge for patient in General ward 150 €/day. Same cost of attendants.
General remarks related to procedure price list:
Patients are treated as private patients.
Treatment package price is made up on the basis of usual care conditions without major complications and/or prolonged stay. The final price is determined at the end of stay and treatment. This is based on the real scope of the medical service provided. More complex cases with complications and/or prolonged stay may result in end costs greater than those quoted in this price list.
Next: Read about the Doctors