Asklepios was founded in 1985. Today, the hospital association with around 160 health care facilities is Europe's largest privately owned hospital operator. Our entrepreneurial activities have always aimed for forward-looking and high-quality medicine for all patients entrusted to us. Due to our wide range of services, we offer our 47,000 employees varied tasks and exciting challenges. We are represented in Germany in 14 federal states with medical facilities. Here are just a few highlights of our group:
- Largest hospital cluster in Europe in Hamburg
- Largest German pediatric heart surgery in North Rhine-Westphalian St. Augustin
- Leading center for pneumology in Munich-Gauting
- Orthopedic Lace Center in Bad Abbach
- Six hospitals of maximum care
- One of the largest maternity hospitals in Germany in Hamburg-Altona
- One of the largest German hospital carriers for psychiatric medicine incl. Gestaltungsvollzug in Stadtroda, Brandenburg Wiesenburg, Hamburg uvm.
At the center of our philosophy is the human being: In top-level medicine, personal attention is crucial in order to get well again. Every patient should receive this in the best possible way. At our facilities, our physicians and nurses treat more than two million patients each year. More than 26,500 beds are available.
In 2004, we took over the hospitals of the city of Hamburg and operate the largest private hospital network in one location in Europe. Since September 2011, MediClin AG has been majority owned by our Asklepios Group. MediClin is a nationwide clinic operator and a major provider in the fields of neuroscience, psychology and orthopedics.
In the group of companies, we cover the entire spectrum of healthcare services: In addition to the maximum, basic, regular and priority care, specialist hospitals with special areas of expertise operate far beyond the respective care region. As a provider of rehabilitation clinics, we have the opportunity to guarantee the entire inpatient care from a single source and to take top positions nationwide. Our patients receive outpatient support in our medical care centers.